Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sleepy Times

Yesterday I was exhausted.  It had been about a week since I had slept through the night.  I updated my facebook status saying "I wonder if I will ever sleep through the night again..."  I didn't think anyone would read it, and certainly didn't think I would get any comments because I never do.  Wow, I was wrong.  Everyone and there dog basically told me that no, I wouldn't.  At least not until our kids are grown.  Stories of 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 year olds still climbing into bed with mommy and daddy.  I know I did it occasionally growing up, but not every night.  I only did it when I was scared, probably because I got into trouble if I was just trying to stay up.  I was not allowed to stay in my parents room unless I was visibly shaken by whatever had scared me.  I think it was a little harsh but isn't that part of teaching you to soothe yourself and not to rely on other people for comfort? 

Ok, I got off topic as per usual.  Point is, people scared me... and last night, I slept like a baby.  I didn't wake up once, woke up in the same position I fell asleep in and woke up refreshed.  Guess my body figured if I'm going to be up for the next 5 years with this one (and longer when we have more), I should get as many good nights now as I can!  YAY!  Now I am just praying this trend (I know, one night is not a trend but I can hope!) continues! 

Still trying to figure out what to give up for Lent... I've given up alot already, what is one more thing, right?  I had to find us a church to go to tonight, ours did the service this morning and I couldn't go because I couldn't be in NE Dallas until 7:30 and make it to my meeting in Irving by 8.  We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment