Thursday, January 21, 2010

Names are a big deal!

Ok so most people struggle with baby names... we are struggling with a grandparent name.  Specifically, my mother.  She doesn't want to be called Grandma (which I get), but we can't come up with anything that really seems like her.  Here is a list of rejected names so far:

Grandmother
Grandma
Nana
Nanny
Gigi
Loli
Noni
Honey
Oma
Granny

There are several others, but I honestly can't remember them all.  I'm threatening to call her Ma T if she doesn't decide!  The other grandparents were so easy... Lora and Bobby chose theirs when Trey was born so they are Big Mama (she chose it!) and Pawpaw.  My dad was always going to be Papa just like his daddy (after all, they are two peas in a pod).  Chad will be Unc just like with his other neices and nephews.  This poor child will know what to call everyone except my mother.  Maybe we should just call her Teri.  She is just some random lady who loves you little one... I just think it is funny.  My parents have wanted grandchildren for so long, you would think they would have thought about it. 

My dad asked if I was taking care of his grandbaby yesterday!  I almost started crying I was so happy.  Its not that they aren't or haven't been excited, they were still thinking about the wedding and in that mode.  I think now enough time has passed where they can actually process and get excited about it.  They are coming down this weekend (which means massive house cleaning the next two days to get to my mom standard of clean... white glove test!) Dad is going to help Danny chop down the dead tree in front of the house and I am going to cook dinner for everyone.  I'm going to take my mom to show her the fabric I found for the nursery too.  Its on sale 40% off right now which means we can get all the fabric for everything we could possibly want or need for under $100. 

That's all for now, I am tired and ready to go home.  I can only update from school now that we cut off our cable and internet at home (we are crazy, I know).  Well, I can update from my phone, but typing a blog with your thumbs is exhausting!  We find out Wednesday if it is a boy or a girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment