Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Name the baby

So we had decided on the baby name for a boy and a girl and had two names for each gender.  But we want to have 4 kids, I started to think... what if we have a boy first and then two girls, will we have another.  We had decided that if we have two girls we are stopping because neither of us want three girls.  But we decided that if we have one boy in there, three girls are okay.  Both of us are fine with having three or four boys.  So we need at least three girls names and four boy names... we did it! So now we have a bank of names and we decided that we are going to wait until the baby is born to decide which names goes with which baby. 

Other good news this week... Stephanie is letting us use her infant carseat!  YAY!  One less thing to buy!  Plus it is neutral black and white so if we have a boy it will be okay.  We picked out the fabrics for the nursery this weekend.   We decided to do a neutral nursery and then let them have their own personalized room when they get to be a big kid.  That way we can just keep using the same nursery for all of them.  Plus I have a fabulous, talented mother who makes everything so we get a custom room for a not so custom price!  YAY!  We are so excited!  I think I'm beginning to drive Danny nuts but I want him to be involved and if he is going to be at Basic and AIT for the majority of the rest of the pregnancy, I want to know his opinions.  It is kind of scary knowing I may be basically a single parent for a while.  I can do it though.  I always wanted to have kids and I always said if I didn't have any by the time I was 28, I was going to start adopting.  Well, apparently we conceived just before I turned 28. 

As much as it scares me, I am so proud of Danny.  In the past year and a half, he has lost 70 pounds!  He has gone from a 42 waist to a 34.  He keeps losing and I keep gaining...  he is working so hard though.  He counts his calories, walks at a steep incline or runs flat for at least an hour every night and just keeps working to lose those inches around his belly.  He has such a big heart.  He wants so badly to join the army to help people and to provide for me and the baby.  I married a great man and I couldn't be happier!

Enough braggin for now.  I'm going to go home and take a nap because my head is killing me!  Why did they turn the heat on today when its almost 70 outside!??

No comments:

Post a Comment