Sunday, August 22, 2010

One more day, then the madness begins!

I didn't want to post it last night, but I had an idea on the way home.  Danny and  I need to learn to get along for Gibson and the sooner that can happen the better it will be.  So I invited him to come to church with us, and then come over for lunch and to spend time with Gibson.  He said to let him know when we got home from church so i didnt hold my breath.  He showed up!  Yay!  He fed and held Gibson, ate spaghetti and put Gibbs down for a nap.  We were civil, nice even.  He does seem truly sorry for all that has happened which leaves me torn.  If you are truly sorry, then you must care a little bit and if there is a little bit left then isn't it worth trying to work on us?  Then again, it makes me so sad, cause with that little care, and showing that he is sorry and still honestly doesn't want to try, that means he really doesn't love me anymore.  Guess I should just live by my dad's new motto for me... hope for the best, and prepare for the worst. 

Whatever happens, I am hoping we can make this a weekly thing before he goes to Basic.  That way we will have some good memories before he leaves and he won't just have the horrible recent past to think about when or if he thinks of me.  I am trying so hard to stay positive, but I am having to pray constantly for strength.  Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support!  I can feel God's presence and I am incredibly blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I have something for you! Can you email me your address? shay@andrewshull.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete