Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Gibson Evans Easterling is here!

Well, the day had finally come.  Monday June 28th came and it went and still no baby.  Tuesday, my parents called and said they were going to stop in and say hello on their way back from the lake.  They stopped in for a short visit and then headed back to Sherman while Danny and I went to run a few errands.  We got home and were lazy for a while... Danny was off work and I have not been sleeping well at all so we just laid around and enjoyed what we knew would be one of the last few days a a twosome.  Got up after about an hour, bent over to pick up something, heard a pop, felt a gush and got super excited!  I called Danny into the room, told him to hand me my phone and pack the car!  We arrived at Medical City about 6pm, and I still wasn't contracting so they started Pitocin.  I made it about 5 hours and changed my mind about the epidural.  My labor was progressing but very slowly. Finally about 6:30 this morning it was time to push.  He was in position and all looked good until he turned his head.  They had to use the vaccuum three times, but he was stuck.  After 7 am, they wheeled me to the OR for a c-section.  Exactly what I had been afraid of.  But we are wonderfully blessed to be able to announce that at 7:39am June 30th, Gibson Evans Easterling was born!  He was 8 pounds 3 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long!  No wonder he was still kicking me in the ribs after he dropped!!  He is healthy and strong and we couldn't be happier!  My parents and Danny's parents were able to some in for the birth.  We will be here until at least Saturday. 

So far, of course, he poops, eats and sleeps but he seems to be a happy baby. Here are some pictures and I will write some more when I'm not falling asleep...



A very excited Grams and Papa!  My dad was so giddy and I love you so much!



Big Mama and Paw Paw... also very excited! 


Somehow we didn't end up with a picture of Danny with the baby on our camera, but I will remedy that and put it up soon!!














2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I am so excited for you! What a handsome little boy. I can't wait to see many, many, many more pictures. Love to you all! Shay

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing! Enjoy the help of the hospital. I learned my lesson with Sadie and had Callie sleep in the nursery. You'll have the next 18 years to check on him at night. :)

    ReplyDelete