Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Great news!

I'm okay and baby boy is okay!  We are doing so much better!  I don't get winded unless I walk a pretty good distance and I only cough occasionally.  YAY!  The relief of knowing that the small pneumonia infection had no effect on the baby and that the z-pack will be enough to cure it is wonderful news!  The doctor was concerned with my wheezing so he said to continue to use the inhaler as needed.  It is most likely very acute asthma which is only showing up because of the insane allergen levels and because the baby is pushing up on my diaphram.  My mom came down to go to the appointment with me while Danny continued to search for a job.  We had such a good visit!  Hopefully, that was the last complication and we will have smooth sailing from now on!

On a completely different note:  are there any of you out there with room in your homes and hearts for two little girls?  One problem with being a teacher is there are often kiddos you would like to take home, but of course, you can't.  Well, a few weeks ago, we got a new student.  A five year old little girl who has been in the system for too much of her young life.  She is the sweetest and cutest thing!  She doesn't come alone, she has a three year old little sister (just as cute, but I've heard can be a handful!)  Danny and I would love to take them in, but with our financial situation and one of our own on the way, we just can't.  These girls deserve a loving, stable family!  I want to help them in any way I can.  I have had kids I have wanted before, but they have never been up for adoption before.  It breaks my heart to know that the longer they are in the system: 1. the less chance they have of being adopted; 2. the more they will lose their innocence; 3. the more their hearts will harden and they will become jaded.  All I know is that if this time next year, when we are more stable, if they are still up for adoption, we will see what we can do to adopt them ourselves.  In the meantime, I am going to try my best to find a good family for these sweet little girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment