Monday, March 8, 2010

PUP or pox?

So Friday night I broke out in little red bumps all over my belly.  Then it spread to my legs.  Those little red bumps itched like nothing I've ever felt before!  I called the doctor who said it was most likely PUP, but since I have never had chicken pox, it could be that too.  But I would have to wait until Monday to find out.  Seriously?  Can't you die from chicken pox when you are older?  Neither Danny nor I have had them so needless to say, we were both checking to see if we had a fever non-stop.  As of today, still no fever so I didn't go back to the dock.  I've been taking the benedryl and slathering on the caladryl lotion regularly and with the exception of the small spot on my arm, it has gotten better.  So... PUP it is.  I still have no idea what it stands for or what it actually is but my friends have reassured me that it is normal and it will be okay!

2 comments:

  1. Copy and paste this link to your browser. It may answer a few questions....

    http://www.babyzone.com/askanexpert/pup-puerperal-urticaria-pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! People ask me what it is and I have to say, "Uh, I don't know... a pregnancy rash?" All I know is, I itch like crazy!

    ReplyDelete